Monday 28 November 2011

Arse... or why everything sucks today!

Today is one of those days...

My husband and I are still sick so our bedroom sounded like a plague ward this morning. After coughing our guts up for 10 minutes and girding ourselves to give the (thankfully germ free) angel his breakfast, we found out that our childcare for the next 2 days had let us down (Mother in law was whisked off on a birthday holiday as a surprise so I can't really be cross about that).

However, with the imminent house move, a need to sort out our subsiding house before the workmen arrive today and my husband being super busy work wise, it does create rather an issue for the next 2 days...

I would perfectly happily book a day off but my boss and her boss are in San Francisco all week so couldn't approve it anyway, plus I have a ridiculously large and mystical meeting with Facebook and a client tomorrow so can't take the morning off anyway.

Then I journeyed to work. It was super bloody cold. My ears and nose were FREEEZING. At Clapham Junction, there were loads of rude people who weren't looking where they were going. At Victoria, the Victoria line entrance was shut AGAIN - thanks TFL - due to overcrowding so had to stand in the cold.
Then my husband called with yet another company I have to call - British Gas - to sort out the subsiding house. Yet another log on the to do list... Plus loads of people, rude people, were pushing through the packed crowd trying to get across the queue to a part of the station that was clearly blocked off, with backpacks. I fucking hate backpacks, but that is another story.

Then the people I called to see if they could babysit munchkin tomorrow couldn't. I made it to the office to be confronted with a really crap presentation from a creative agency who clearly haven't thought through any elements of the planned campaign and now I have to do a conference call with them all, and my clients, without shouting, ripping their heads off or questioning how on earth they pass themselves off as a fully functional agency when they are clearly so SHIT at understanding how media and digital works.

I also have 20 calls to make today to get my house move sorted, plus a load of other little tiny bits to do that in general, along with everything else, add up to me wanting to either crawl under my desk, cry and drink wine or set fire to everyone and everything that comes near me.

I am blisteringly angry, frustrated and generally about ready to snap. So if you are reading this, and likely to encounter me for the next 24 hours or so, I really suggest that you avoid me like an unexploded IED and back slowly away as I am likely to rip your head off and spit down your neck for saying hello.

In summary, the world can fuck off today. Call me when it is Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment