Monday 7 November 2011

30 Days Hath November - a book I am reading

Dammit - I forgot to blog again yesterday. Honestly, I do think my memory is more of a loose fishing net than a bag of memories... I can remember stuff I did and said 10 years ago but can't remember what I ate yesterday. Its like my past is a much richer, more interesting territory than my present.

Anyway, speaking of the past, I have been reading a series of books lately, of which there are currently 7, with more on the way.

It is the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon, which is seems most people have heard of, except for me. My Dad didn't like it, but my Mum and all her friends did so I thought I would give it a go.  Its about time travel, and Scotland, and the 1700s, and America, and war, and uprisings etc etc - it is a pretty big old story. I do love a big old story! There is also a fair bit of sex, swearing, fighting and love stories.

I read monstrously fast and so I tend to like big 700-800 page books, preferably in series of several books so that I can really get into them. My mum lent me them and, while they can be a little slow and sometimes I do just want to scream "please get on with the story and stop talking about the damn trees", they are pretty good. Even if I am 6 books in and no closer to the answers of questions I had in book 1 *sigh*.

 It isn't my usual sort of book, but they are very readable...

See it here on Amazon - Diana Gabaldon A Breath of Snow and Ashes


(I would put up a picture but the blogger image upload doesn't seem to be working today, I will add it later)

30 days hath November
#30dayshathnovember


No comments:

Post a Comment