Tuesday 15 November 2011

30 Days Hath November - Something I have been craving...

So... I am a total foodaholic and, to coin a Sky advert, if it grows, swims or flies, I am all over it.

Recently my lovely friend Lyns went to Doha to visit her future parents in law. While there, her boyfriend had Steak Tartare, she had never tried so she did and posted a photo on Facebook of it. Ever since, I have had a mad craving for Steak Tartare...

I was in a place called the Riding House Cafe on Great Titchfield St that served it today with some people from Stardoll but they ordered a tapas style starter so I didn't get to order it. Gutted... as judging by how great the rest of the food was there, it would have been awesome.

I know if is a bit of a polarising dish for some people, who couldn't contemplate eating raw meat, but I just adore everything about the taste, richness, texture. It is up there with ethical foie gras & sashimi as one of my favourite dishes of all time.

I guess some might say I am not that politically correct in my eating, but I am stringent in eating from and in places that ethically source their ingredients and only buy high quality meat where I can guarantee the quality of life of the animals, so I don't feel bad about eating some more unusual, and raw, dishes.

30 Days Hath November
Twitter: #30dayshathnovember

No comments:

Post a Comment