Monday 24 October 2011

I really need to make more of an effort

I am struck today with an inherent realisation that I have been a pretty lazy cow of late...




I haven't been blogging, I haven't been keeping in touch with my mates as much as I should, I haven't been concentrating properly.

I put this down to 2 things:
1 - I have a baby and a husband. This leaves pretty much bog all time or money to do anything else. By the time I have got home from work, put the baby to bed, cleaned up all the toys, made dinner and put on some laundry, I have pretty much lost the will to live and want to go to bed.
2 - I read too much. When I am not flapping around the house like an anally retentive idiot, I sit and read. A lot. I read very very quickly and get massively sucked into books. I therefore tend to stop paying attention to what is going on around me.

Recently this has been the fault of a series of books recommended to me by my mother by Diana Gabaldon. So far there are 7 books, I am on number 5. They are not that big, maybe 600 pages each but as I only read after I have done everything else, I am getting frustrated that it has taken me over 3 weeks to read the first 4 books. Before my son was born, I would happily spend hours on a Saturday just sat on the sofa, drinking tea and reading my latest book. However, playing with him and taking him for walks is a lot more fun, but I do miss my reading time!

A further reason I get bugger all done is that I spend far too much time on the internet. As this post would show, rather than having the realisation that I have been a lazy cow about certain things lately, having a word with myself and cracking on with things, I chose to blog about it.

Yep - of all the things I SHOULD be doing, I decided the most pressing thing to do was to reinstate my blog. I have a poor sense of priorities sometimes. But writing about doing nothing is preferable to actually having to do things...

No comments:

Post a Comment