Sunday 22 February 2009

The Beauty of Online Recipes

Today I decided to cook Jersualem Artichokes... fancy eh? Problem was, I have never cooked them before. Where do I turn - the magic of the interweb of course. I never tire of looking at cooking and recipes online where I can find a recipes for any ingredient, to match any style of cooking and other ingredients.

The BBC recipe site is pretty good for this as you can narrow down recipes from the ingredients that you have to hand.

It is amazing how many sites, blogs and forums there are dedicated to the pleasure of eating. Everyone has an opinion on the best way to cook everything, from the humble spud, to the fanciest ingredient. Ironically, all the celeb chef sites are never that handy, as they don't want to give up their precious recipies without you buying the book.

So, I have found a delicious recipe for my artichokes on Abel and Cole - the veggie delivery folk and I shall be sauteeing them in stock, garlic and rosemary with a dot of sour cream. To go with it, there is a delicious shoulder of slow cooked lamb, fresh gravy made from scratch and some kale - all seasonal, all organic and all as local as possible...

And it's all made possible by the sharing, posting and viewing of recipes on the interweb!

No comments:

Post a Comment